Thursday, January 13, 2011

Liebster Award

Over the past week, I found a lot of new (to me) blogs to read courtesy of this little award:


Today, I was lucky enough to be nominated for the award myself by sweet Felicity Quilts.

In the spirit of spreading some Lieben (or "love" in German), I want to nominate a few of my favorite little blogs too.

  1. First up is Andi at Jane of All Crafts. I love this girl! She's funny and personable and her blog is filled with great stuff: sewing, crafting, organization, decorating, and more.
  2. Next up is Traci of Stolen Moments. I love everything Traci makes! Her aprons have been bouncing around in my head for the last few weeks as I've been thinking about the Spicing Up the Kitchen Swap. Her Sherbet Pips quilt makes me want to get my hands on that fabric as soon as I can. And her free motion stitching?! Holy crap she's good!
  3. Emily at Mommy's Nap Time has a very admirable love of gray in her quilts and I'm inspired to use more of it in 2011. I "met" Emily when I was trying to figure out if I got in the fourth round of the Pillow Talk Swap. She was super helpful when I hounded her with questions. Now we're in the Sew Beautiful Bee together and I'm excited to work with her on each of our quilts.
  4. Last, but certainly not least, is Rachel of Creative Quilt Girl. I met Rachel last March when I joined the Salt Lake Modern Quilt Guild. Rachel started up this Utah chapter and has been such a great admin for our group. She's got mad quilting skills too. I especially love her New Wave quilt.

Thanks again for the nomination, Felicity. And thanks to all of you who take the time to read this here blog. I've had such a great time blogging this year and sharing my quilting progress with you.

Oh, and stay tuned. I'm getting close to 200 followers so I think a giveaway (or two) is in order!

6 comments:

felicity said...

You're welcome! It's totally well-deserved!

Rachel said...

Thanks for the acknowledgement. I always enjoy reading your blog. I'm impressed at how often you post. I new to get in a groov and learn to post more about my process.

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

I like how you highlighted and shared thoughts about each person. Very nice!
I can't wait to get to know them!

Andi said...

Aww you are too sweet! Thanks so much for the kind words and the award. When I make jokes on my blog I always wonder if I'm the only one who finds them fun. Now I know there are 2 people in this world who think I'm funny ;-)

Andi said...

funny*

Emily said...

Thanks for the mention! :) I'm glad someone likes my love of grey! I'm slightly afraid that ten years from now I'll look at it all and say, "yes, that was made when I thought grey was wonderful!" lol... like we talk about bad perms of the 80's!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails