Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The blocks are done!

I did it! All 25 blocks for the front of my Far Far Away 2 Kitchen Windows quilt are done. I laid them out on my living room floor to get an idea of how the finished quilt will look. I am so loving this quilt. It may just become my new favorite.

FFA2 Kitchen Windows Quilt Progress

I made three more blocks for the back. I can't decide if I want to orient them like this (all vertical) or if I should lay them out similar to the front.

FFA2 Kitchen Windows Quilt Progress

I am waiting on the background/sashing fabric to arrive so I can finish the quilt. I looked at a Kona Color Card on Saturday and with the help of some of the girls in my quilt group, I decided to go with Kona Stone. I had to order a lot of it since I doubled the size of the quilt from the pattern and I'm using the Stone on the back. But, the Fabric Shack didn't have enough yardage so I ordered what they had (they have good prices on Kona solids), and then ordered the rest of the yardage from Sew Fresh Fabrics on Etsy.

I'm really tempted to buy the plum colorway of this line now and figure out another project for it. I have loved working with this fabric. The weight is wonderful (80% cotton, 20% linen). It'll be nice to see how it feels all finished and washed up.

16 comments:

Heather said...

LOVE IT! Stone will look perfect with these colors. :)

FabricandFlowers said...

Great blocks. Love your fabric choices and the pattern!

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Yay! This quilt is going to look so awesome all washed and done, Brooke. Good for you for finishing up all the blocks already! :)

KristyLou said...

Wow, you've been busy! I really like how this is coming out.

Kati said...

It looks so good all together. I think that sashing will look great.

Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts said...

This is great way to use this line. . love it

wendy_d23 said...

Love it! Can't wait to see it with the sashing!
(and I broke down and got the plum-I have no self control)

Rachel said...

Earlier I talked myself out of buying this fabric. After seeing your quilt I'm really tempted to change my mind. Did you use a fat quarter pack or half-yard cuts?

Lee said...

Oh, these blocks are so fabulous! I just love them! Nice job! Can't wait to see it with the sashing.

Crystal Hendrix said...

Very pretty :D

Katie B said...

I'm in love! I hope your Kona arrives quickly so you can finish it! I can't wait.

Jacey said...

Kona Stone is a great choice. It's going to be a beautiful quilt! I love the squares.

felicity said...

I like the choice of Stone.

p.s. I mentioned your blog on mine yesterday - check it out. :)

Jessica Kelly said...

Those blocks look great! Cant wait to see it with the sashing!!

Kristie said...

I am soooo loving this! I am sitting on a stash of this fabric that I want to use to make my older daughter a quilt, and hadn't landed on a pattern yet...I have ordered Elizabeth's book so when it comes I will take a peak and may just follow your lead here! It looks fantastic :-)

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Wow, so beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails