Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Starting a "My Precious" Quilt and a 4th of July Skirt

For my birthday this year, my mother-in-law got me the Quick Curve Ruler by Jenny Pedigo of Sew Kind of Wonderful. I've heard a lot of great things about this ruler and was excited to give it a try. For our June quilt guild meeting, we had a pillow cover swap. I thought it would be the perfect time to try out this ruler using some Katie Jump Rope and Flea Market Fancy squares that I already had precut. I loosely used the tutorial here to make this block (I started with larger squares for my four-patch and added a border to make the block approximately 19 inches finished).

Katie Jump Rope and Flea Market Fancy Quick Curve Ruler Four-Patch Block

I didn't end up making the pillow for our guild's swap because I liked how it turned out so much that I decided to make more blocks and turn it into a quilt. Sorry guild ladies!

I also used this ruler for my Modern Yardage star quilt, which I shared a bit about here.

***

As I'm sure any of you regular readers know, The Middle loves wearing skirts and dresses. Some days it bugs me (wear something else, kid!), but other days I'm glad that I can whip up quick and easy skirts for her. I had this Dress Up Days zig zag print on hand that I thought would make a fun 4th of July skirt. I added a bit of ric rac trim to the bottom. The skirt is a little on the long side, but it’ll work for this summer AND next.

Fourth of July Skirt for The Middle

For those of you in the states, have a safe and happy July 4th holiday tomorrow!

1 comment:

Little Island Quilting said...

There will come a time when dresses and skirts are no longer deemed cool and it'll be jeans and leggings all the way. I know, I'm at that stage :-(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails