I set to work cutting the fabric and trying out my new Quick Curve Ruler (blogged about here and here) to make these star blocks. The blocks themselves used almost exactly the two yards of fabric that I received from Modern Yardage - talk about a happy accident since I didn't plan that! I pieced the blocks together and then added a border to make it a bit bigger. Here's how it turned out.
For the backing and binding, I pulled colors that I had on-hand in my stash that went with the Carefree colorway of the Personality fabric.
I wanted to try out my echo quilting foot so I free-form followed the shape in the negative space between the blocks. It was a bit tricky getting the hang of using the echo foot. By the time I hit the center of each section, my lines were more curved rather than boxy so I'll definitely need to practice more. I love the texture it created though.