Friday, July 19, 2013

Finished Granny Squares Quilt

I started in on the Granny Squares craze early last year, but decided it could be one of those projects that I work on here and there as I was in the mood. As I've been on a mission to finish my WIPs this year, I knew I had to get this one done. The down side was that I didn't love how my blocks were looking in the traditional layout. So, I changed it up and pieced them on point - basically I made one huge Granny Square block out of my individual blocks. I then added a thin blue border (Dear Stella's Yard Sale in Sky) and a wider green border (Heather Bailey's Nicey Jane Hop Dot in Olive) to get a good size quilt (I think it's about 65 inches square).

Granny Squares Quilt

For the backing, I used this blue flannel print that I picked up at Joann's a while back. I used Lizzy House's Pearl Bracelets in purple and Patty Young's Textured Basics Papaya Diamond for the binding strips. I quilted it in meandering loops. I thought I'd keep this quilt, but when I finished it, I kept thinking about one of my sisters. I haven't made her a quilt yet and her birthday was this month so I thought it'd be the perfect time to gift her this.

Granny Squares Quilt

2 comments:

Little Bluebell (Adrianne) said...

Brooke, I love the way this turned out! Putting those blocks on point (and without sashing) was such a good move. They looks so cool and pixely.

Sarah @ FairyFace Designs said...

Love how you changed the layout, this turned out gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails