My initial idea was this (a mix of single girl and retro flowers):
My partner said that she preferred idea #2 (displayed later), but I got a lot of positive feedback for this design and decided to try it out anyway.
I have since put all the pieces together. I'm glad that my partner said she likes idea #2 better though because I wasn't pleased with how the curves came together with the internal retro flower blocks. I am okay with it for myself, but I don't think it's up-to-snuff for sending to someone else.
So, I moved on to idea #2.
I had initially planned on using the text print in the bottom of this stack, but once I pieced the drunkard's path circles, I felt like the text print just gave a muddied look to the overall pillow. So, I used a dark charcoal print from Rashida Coleman-Hale's Washi line that I just happened to have recently purchased.
I really like how it has come together so far (and, thankfully, my partner does too - yay!). Now I just need to quilt it, sew the front and back pieces together, and add the binding. I plan to finish it during my sewing time next week.
The other bit of sewing I did this week was to make the Interlocking Seasons block Rachel requested for her month in our local bee.
I procrastinated a bit and ended up finishing about two hours before our quilt guild meeting last night. This block was a bit of a challenge for me (notice the skiwampus center square). I did a lot of unpicking and re-stitching. Overall, it's a great design and I think Rachel's quilt will be amazing with a bunch of these blocks together.