Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Look! It's finished!

I promise this will be the last post I write about round seven of the Pillow Talk Swap (except to show off the pillow I receive, of course). I finished my partner's pillow over the weekend and I am so pleased with how it turned out!

Finished Pillow for Pillow Talk Swap 7

Except for the binding. That just about did me in. I had to rip out a couple sections and redo them.

I changed my fabric choice for the binding as I was getting ready to make it. The multi Pezzy Print wasn't cutting it. I opted for a solid to help balance out all the different patterns.

Finished Pillow for Pillow Talk Swap 7

I straight-line quilted each piece (front and two back flaps). The front and part of the back features parallel straight lines that measure about 1/4 to 3/8 inches apart.

Finished Pillow for Pillow Talk Swap 7

I also quilted zig zags the same distance apart, along with a decorative wavy stitch on the Washi fabric strip on the back.

Finished Pillow for Pillow Talk Swap 7

On one of the back flaps, I quilted wavy lines with my walking foot.

Finished Pillow for Pillow Talk Swap 7

I'm excited to ship this puppy tomorrow and see what my partner thinks when the pillow arrives at its new home!

Pillow Stats
Size: ~18.5 inches (fits 20-inch pillow form snuggly)
Pattern: Drunkard's path die from Accuquilt Go! Baby
Design: Me
Quilting: Straight line by me
Fabrics: Variety of prints, including Washi, Hometown, Make Life, Metro Living, to name a few

6 comments:

Denise said...

Very cute, as is the wagon.

felicity said...

Beautiful! Your partner is going to love it!

Debbie said...

Beautiful pillow!! Nicely done.

Colleen said...

It looks great Brooke.

Kelsey said...

So cute!! You have a lucky partner :)

Svetlana said...

Brooke, thank you soooo much for this pillow. It looks fantastic in my family room. I really appreciate all your hard work. Thank you. I just wrote a post about it on my blog, if you'd like to see.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails