Wednesday, February 22, 2012

WIP Wednesday 2/22/12

I've been working on a few things this week, but only have one finish. Oh how I wish I could stick to one WIP at a time!

Finished This Week

Pillow Talk Swap Pillow

You can read about this pillow in yesterday's post.

Finished Pillow for Pillow Talk Swap 7

Bee Block for Rachel

Read about it here.

Interlocking Season Bee Block for Rachel

WIPs Worked on This Week

Mom's Quilt

I finished cutting the fat quarters for my mom's quilt, which will be a variation of my dad's quilt (below). I ordered the solid sashing for her quilt yesterday and hope to get it in the mail later this week. Speaking of fabric purchases, I ordered a motherload of fabric over the last two days without spending a fortune. But more on that later.

Garden Fence Quilt

New Projects

I just couldn't help myself and started a few new projects this week.

I cut up the fabric for Sukie's bee block. She's having us make carpenter stars based on Cherie's awesome tutorial. This is the one I made for Cherie in January.

Carpenter's Star for Cherie

I love this block so much that I decided to change course and make my Christmas quilt out of this pattern using my Figgy Pudding stash. I started cutting the blocks for this quilt this past week. That way, whenever I have a spare minute, I can sew a block or two.

Getting ready to make my Figgy Pudding Swoon quilt

I set a goal for myself this year not to start new projects before finishing old ones. I realized though that a lot of the sewing I accomplish during the week all depends on the type of project and time that I have. So, it's not really realistic for me to set that goal. If I have time to cut, then I cut. If I have time to piece a back, then I piece a back. My sewing time during the week isn't always conducive to completing one project start to finish. So maybe my goal should be to try not to start too many new projects before finishing old ones.

Anyway, I started a new project last night...I can't really explain why I'm drawn to the granny squares that have been popping up all over the place lately (check out the Flickr group quilt-along and the block tutorial), but I am. I went through my scraps and pulled out a bunch in every color. I cut up the pinks and purples at around 10 last night. Gotta love all these temptations to distract me from getting other WIPs done.

This Weeks's Stats
Finished: 1
In Progress: 6
New: 3

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

8 comments:

Heidi Staples said...

Visiting through WIP...your work is fantastic! I do especially love that pillow!

Jenny said...

That pillow is gorgeous! It really caught my eye over on Freshly Pieced

Megan said...

Haha, my mom tells me that every wip serves a purpose and was the right project for you to work on when you started it. Don't feel guilty about enjoying your hobby! Your carpenter star is quite fetching!

Katie B said...

Awesome projects! Love that pillow.

And I'm with you on the granny squares! So tempting.

Cherie said...

Can't wait to see more carpenter's stars :)

Lee said...

I just love your Pillow Swap pillow! Such cute, cute fabric choices. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

The Thompsons said...

You have such beautiful projects going - that bee block is gorgeous!

Abby said...

I love all your projects - especially the carpenter star out of the Christmas line. So cute! Glad I found your blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails