I wasn't in the mood to sew last night because I wasn't feeling well (third night in a row of evening-onset tummy grumbles). I decided to just get the pieces cut, but I could only cut five pieces ahead of time as the smaller square blocks were made by sewing two jelly roll strips together and then cutting them in two and a half inch strips. I decided to pull out the sewing machine and see how long it would take. Thankfully, block number two came together really quickly (and I was able to match most of the corners).
The block is symmetrical, so although you only see the bottom half, you can envision how the top looks.