It's been nearly a year and a half since I started planning this quilt. I'm happy to finally show you the finished product! (Related posts can be found here.)
This first photo shows off the quilting really well. I quilted organic straight lines about a half inch apart across the entire width of the quilt. It took a little while, especially if I count all the hours I spent unpicking the previous quilting. But, I love the result.
This photo shows the colors as they truly are. (They look a bit faded in the first picture.)
For the backing, I made a large patchwork to mimic the colors on the front. Then I offset the squares and added a border using the same black and white crosshatch print that I put on the front. The binding is the same print.
This quilt will happily be staying at my house. It's a good lap size. And with all the blood, sweat, and tears that went into making it, I don't think I'd be able to part with it anyway.