Friday, November 9, 2012

Finished Pillow for Pillow Talk Swap Round 9

As Christmas is quickly approaching, I've been working like a mad woman to get things done. I managed to finish my partner's pillow for the Pillow Talk Swap on Tuesday night. Thankfully, I took pictures yesterday when it was still warm out because this morning's been very wet with rain and snow.

The finished pillow cover fits a 20" pillow form. I made this one a titch bigger than I usually do. I prefer a stuffed look for my own pillows, but thought I'd make it a little bit roomier for my partner. The finished cover measures about 19" square.

Finished Pillow Talk Swap Round 9 Pillow

I used black DMC embroidery floss to hand quilt in the negative space (Kona ash). I really like the added pop it gives the pillow as well as helps showcase the prints I used in the kaleidoscopes.

I'm not sure I can name all the fabrics on the front, but I used various Konas (charcoal, some blue-greens leftover from a Poseidon FQ bundle, and ash), Washi, Metro Living Circles, Summersville, Chicopee, Vintage Modern, and Little Apples.

Finished Pillow Talk Swap Round 9 Pillow

For the backing I used Aneela Hoey's Sweater Check in Aqua from her Little Apples line and Lu Summer's Summersville Weave in Bus for the strip that covers the zipper.

Finished Pillow Talk Swap Round 9 Pillow

I hadn't tried this technique before, but it was so easy! It's sure to become a new favorite pillow enclosure method for me.

Finished Pillow Talk Swap Round 9 Pillow

I used Kona white and a black sketch print from Timeless Treasures to add a border to the pillow front. I really really love that sketch print and want to buy yards more to add to my stash.

Finished Pillow Talk Swap Round 9 Pillow

I'm planning on shipping this pillow off tomorrow with a few extra goodies for my partner.

If you're interested in how I made this pillow, I'm in the process of putting together a tutorial for it, so stay tuned!

14 comments:

Kelsey said...

Can't wait for the tutorial - it's an awesome pillow!

Jodi said...

Oh, wow, I wouldn't be able to say good-bye to this one! I love it, and thanks for putting together a tute! The hand stitching is wonderful also, btw!

sukie said...

I love this pillow!!

sukie said...

btw you're in the zone! (I don't know if that will ever get old)

Deanna said...

I absolutely love this pillow! Great job!

Katie B said...

This looks awesome, Brooke! I really love the black stitching.

Nana J said...

Stunning pillow, Brooke.

Sharon said...

Love your pillow, that is such a cute pattern, and the black quilting is perfect! I would like to see the tutorial

Anita said...

Your pillow turned out great! Love all the details :) Looking forward to the tutorial.

Providence Handmade said...

I love it! The black stitching really is the perfect touch.

Barbie Mills said...

Oh Brooke this turned out so well! I love it. The hand quilting adds such a nice touch, and the sketch print makes a great border for it.

Elly D said...

Gorgeous pillow! Lucky partner :) Looking forward to your tutorial :)

Miss Emily D. said...

I love this pillow! I'm dying for the tutorial!

Karee said...

darling pillow. would love a tut! did you paper piece? the bright colors agst the light solid is so fresh.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails