Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Works in Progress Wednesday

I ordered some fabric from Hawthorne Threads and was so impressed with the quick shipping. I placed my order Wednesday morning, had confirmation of shipment about an hour later, and got the package in the mail on Friday. Awesome!

Here are some of my other purchases for soon-to-be works in progress.

I found a shirt pattern that I like (McCall's M6120) and decided to try my hand at making a couple. You can't beat on-sale knit, enough for four shirts for $11! I also got some linen-blend fabric to make a skirt.


Joann's had their Kona cottons on sale for $3.99 a yard. I grabbed some navy, grass green, and ivory for a project I'll show you on Friday.


This bunch of fabric is for a Christmas gift so mum's the word on this for a couple months (Kona khaki and some Joann's FQs and black with white dots).


Some Kona solids to have in my stash: rich red, turquoise, grass green, coal grey, orange, crocus purple, and candy blue.


This bunch of fabrics is for a quilt for my sister for Christmas. The Divine Damask in Gray (Retro Mod, Michael Miller) and the Kona rich red will be pieced for the top. The Nap Sack in Lake (Modern Meadow, Joel Dewberry) will be the backing.


I'll be using these Metro Kitchen fabrics (Robert Kaufman) to make some new hot pads and dish towels for my kitchen. (The mister and I still use the ones we got when we got married seven years ago...It's definitely time for an upgrade.)


I LOVE these bikes (Weekends, Erin McMorris)! I don't have any specific plans for them yet. I just wanted to get some so I can stare at them whenever I want.


So, there you have it, the start of an occasional series of Works in Progress Wednesdays.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

all of these fabrics are so awesome!!! i love the last ones...those bikes are cute

~Niki~ said...

Love the cute bicycle fabrics. Don't you just love when fabric companies get the fabric to you fast! We're quilters~we want fabric NOW!
Unlike a shoppe online I just ordered from *no mention of names*. I ordered on Saturday, it wasn't shipped til yesterday. WHAT? and they are LITTLE time. If I had a fabric shop I would be at home WAITING for the orders and processing immediately. won't be going back THERE. hmph, ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails