Sunday, August 29, 2010

JRS Quilt-Along Quilt Top


I finally took the time this weekend to finish the last block for my Jelly Roll Sampler Quilt-Along quilt top. I only made nine of the blocks (instead of 12) because I was really getting burned out on the fabric. I have to say though that now that the top is all put together, I like it much more than I thought I would. It's definitely not my favorite, but it's not as horrible as I thought it might be. A while back, I bought an extra yard of one of the prints from the Oddysea line that I really liked. I'm glad I did because I was able to use that as the outer border.

My plan is to use a solid brown or green as the backing with a little pieced strip of Oddysea to break it up. I'll be making a scrappy binding out of various left-over jellyroll strips.

On a side note, I was quite the busy little quilt-top-piecer this weekend. Keep your eyes peeled for more to come. I pieced three tops, bringing my total tops ready for basting up to four. I like the assembly-line method of piecing several quilt tops at once, basting several at once, quilting several at once, and binding several at once. Too bad I don't have enough pins to baste four quilts (I'll be pushing it with two).

Anyway, that's it for now. I hope you all had a great weekend.

4 comments:

Denise said...

That is such a cute quilt. I can't believe how quickly you make these quilt tops.

Sara said...

I think it turned out great! i love the top far right block:)

Megan said...

Assembly line quilting rocks! Well, except when it's time to baste. That's my least favorite part, so I have a good number of tops patiently waited to be made into a sandwich.

Karen said...

Your quilt top looks fabulous. I loved the quilt along. The blocks were great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails