Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Finished Frolic Around the House

Here's my finished Frolic Around the House quilt, a housewarming gift for my in-laws. I was able to get this one done in record time, two weeks!


When Frolic first came out, I didn't love it. But then, Natalia brought the quilt she designed for Moda Bake Shop to one of our Modern Quilt Guild meetings a couple months ago and I loved the browns, greens, and blues in the line and decided to try it out.


When I took the quilt over to my in-laws' house last week, my mother-in-law loved the bright colors and the patterns in the fabric.


This green print is my favorite in the line.




I love how bright and cheery the quilt turned out. Totally fitting for the time of year. And I'm finding that my aesthetic is leaning toward the more simplistic style and design of quilts. Maybe that's why I loved this quilt more than Peekaboo Blush.



Now that I've finished these two quilts, I'm gearing up to start my sister-in-law's quilt. It's a completely different design and process from what I've done in the past (not that that's saying much since I've only finished about five quilts so far). I'm excited to try something new. Along with that, I need to start this bag for my good friend and finish a quilt I started with the last two (a surprise gift for someone special).

4 comments:

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

It's darling Brooke! :)

Denise said...

I am so excited to be the lucky mother in law. Thanks again, Brooke!

Fresh Poppy Design said...

Super quilt, and good work on the speed! I am always working on that!

Megan said...

Those colors are bright and fun. I can just picture it in the Johnsen's house. Can't wait to see it in person.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails