Sunday, June 6, 2010

Block 7

I had a hard time piecing this one. I think I unpicked those angled pieces about ten times. When I work on projects like this quilt-along, I'm really forced to stretch out of my comfort zone. I guess that's a good thing in the long run, but it can be frustrating. To me unpicking is a sign that I failed somewhere. Good thing I can put my perfectionist mindset aside with these blocks. Otherwise, I'd never get any of them done.

Click the image to view it on Flickr.

Block 7

1 comment:

elle said...

Unpicking is not a sign of failure. It is quality control in operation. If you are learning something with every block, every quilt, then you can pat yourself on the back that you are growing/moving along nicely. Everybody unpicks! And the more blocks you make the sooner you'll begin to identify what it is you like and that often begins by first figuring out what you don't like. Keep on keeping on! 8)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails