I then pieced together the first block of my mom's quilt. She picked this Lost and Found fabric by Jen Allyson for Riley Blake. She wanted gray sashing, so I paired it with Kona medium gray. I forgot that these blocks can take a bit of time. They finish at around 15 inches. I'm planning on making 36 total blocks for a 6x6 layout. One down, 35 to go.
I also purchased some fabric this week for a steal. Here are my first two orders (half yard cuts of each). Another order came yesterday, but I need to take pictures of it first (so excited for the quilts that'll come out of that package), and my final order should arrive on Tuesday.
Fabrics from top to bottom:
- Marvel Superhero Retro Comics for Camelot Cottons
- Sea Kelp in Gray from Going Coastal by Emily Herrick for Michael Miller
- Sea Star in Red from Going Coastal by Emily Herrick for Michael Miller
- Crab Walk in Gray from Going Coastal by Emily Herrick for Michael Miller
- Daisy's Dates in Red from Reunion by Sweetwater for Moda
- Wall Flower in Cherry from Lotus by Amy Butler
- Circles in Carrot from Metro Living for Robert Kaufman
- Premier Prints Zig Zag Twill in Chartreuse
- Premier Prints Twill Gotcha Girly Blue
- Premier Prints Zig Zag Twill Girly Blue
I have plans for some of these, but the rest are just to add to the stash. I plan to make a drawstring bag or two for storing some of my son's toys with the superhero fabric. With the twill Premier Prints, I think I'll make some zippered pouches, like this one, and maybe a bag.
I've really been enjoying my renewed sewing time these last few weeks. Life can be so stressful that it's nice to have something that I feel I have control over and that stays finished. I'm sure my mother thought I'd never say this, but thank goodness for sewing!