Saturday, May 21, 2011

May Bee Block

May was Angela's turn in the Sew Beautiful Bee. She sent out a bunch of blue and off-white fabric and told us to just have at it. I had favorited this photo a while back so when Angela gave us the choice of what type of block to make, I thought I'd try to interpret that rainbow block into a monochromatic one. Here's what I came up with and I really love how it turned out.

May Bee Block for Angela

May Bee Block for Angela

May Bee Block for Angela

But, I've had my fill of half square triangles for now. I need a REALLY long break.

9 comments:

felicity said...

LOVE that block!

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

Lovely block. Do you machine or hand piece your blocks?

Sara said...

The borders frame the whole block nicely!! Lovin' it! I *love* HST's ---FOR now!! He,he:)

QuiltNut Creations said...

absolutely beautiful!

Denise said...

Very, very cute.

Emily said...

it's lovely! And your points are so perfect with those HST's! :)

Unknown said...

Ooooh it's so pretty!

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

That is a lot of half square triangles! I really like how the block turned out though!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

really is so pretty. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails