Friday, September 28, 2012

Finished Out to Sea Quilt for Baby Annie

My sister-in-law had a baby girl last week on my mother-in-law's birthday - how cool is that?! I made this quilt for her and, fortunately, gave it to her the Sunday before. Talk about good timing!

Storm-Tossed Triangles Quilt

I had been going back and forth trying to decide what fabrics to use for baby Annie's quilt for quite some time. Then, when I saw Sarah Jane's Out to Sea collection, I knew I had to have it. See, my sister-in-law is a huge fan of Sarah Jane. The colors in the deep sea jewel colorway were perfect too!

I thought it would be fun to do equilateral triangles. I cut 6" strips of fabric and then sub-cut the triangles by rotating my ruler, using the 60 degree mark.

For the back, I used some of the leftover triangles as well as the pirate girls print.

Storm-Tossed Triangles Quilt Back

I did straight-line quilting on each side of the seam lines on the diagonal, giving it a diamond look on the back.

For the binding, I used the Water Chevron print in Bloom from the same colorway.

The quilt measures approximately 42"x48".

Welcome, baby Annie! We're so glad you've come to join our family!

5 comments:

Marci Warren-Elmer said...

That fabric is too cute! I love triangle quilts.

Heather D. said...

My sister had her third baby last year on our mom's birthday, which also happens to be my parent's anniversary! Fun indeed.

The quilt is adorable. I keep meaning to try something with triangles (other than HSTs, which I am thoroughly sick of for now!)

Katie B said...

So sweet!

Heather said...

What a great quilt! I love this fabric so much, and yay for a new baby :)

felicity said...

Those triangles absolutely rock! Gorgeous, Brooke!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails