Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2011 Sewing: Year in Review

The year is nearly over and I can't believe how much I got done despite being pregnant for three-fourths of it! As I looked back over the year, I was surprised to see that nine of the fourteen quilts I made I finished in the last four months!

Finished Quilts of 2011

In addition to fourteen quilts, here are some of the other things I made:

Finished Everything Else 2011

These are the blocks I made for the girls in the Sew Beautiful Bee.

Sew Beautiful Bee Blocks 2011

And here are the swap items I received during the year plus the blocks I made for both the 4x5 Bee and the La Beeda Loca Bee.

Swap Items Received and Other Bee Blocks Made

I looked over the list of goals I set for myself for 2011 as well and found that I met about half of them:

1. Cathedral Windows Quilt - Nope
2. Sew Beautiful Bee Quilt - Blocks received, but not pieced into a top yet
3. Goldfish Quilt - Done!
4. New quilt for my bed - Done, but not photographed yet
5. & 6. Quilts for two of my sisters - I finished one, but still need to work on the other
7. Quilt for my parents' bed - Halfway done on this one
8. Colorbrick Quilt - Nope
9. Car and Truck Quilt - Nope
10. Figgy Pudding Christmas Quilt - I bought the Swoon pattern and plan to make this quilt for next Christmas.
11. Finish quilt tops - Done!
12. Swaps - Done!

I'm still mulling over my sewing goals for 2012, so stay tuned!

8 comments:

Lee said...

Wow, Brooke! 14 quilts, all while you were either pregnant or newborn parenting??? That's amazing! Can't wait to see what you get done next year. : ) Happy new year!

felicity said...

Wow - that is a lot of fabulous stuff! nicely done!!

Gill said...

I can't believe how much you've acheived! Congratulations!

The Thompsons said...

Looks like quite a good year! :)

Lindsay Conner said...

14 quilts---you sew girl. :) I love your minimalist square outline quilt--it looks so striking in the mosiac. :)

I'd love for you to link up your post at Craft Buds if you'd like! http://www.craftbuds.com/craft-buds-2011-year-in-review-link-party/

Denise said...

I am amazed how much you were able to accomplish while also caring for 3 beautiful children. You rock!

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

WOW! Such beautiful makes!!

Happy New Year to you!!!
Maureen

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

This is totally impressive. Way to go! Love them all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails