Friday, August 27, 2010

Chore Chart

A while back, I saw the chore chart Emily at Not So Idle Hands made for her little girls and knew I wanted to make one some day. At the time, my oldest was not quite three and we hadn't been working a ton on making him do chores. But, now that he's three and a half, I thought it would be good to make one. I used Emily's magnet images, but only used the chores that I felt my son would be able to do (clear the table, pick up toys, get the mail, etc.) as well as some other chores that he can help with (sweeping, vacuuming, cooking dinner, etc.).


I already had this magnet board lying around and decided it would be great for this project. I printed the chart itself out on scrapbook paper and cut it to fit within the frame. I didn't modpodge the paper down, like Emily did, because I am thinking I may use the magnet board for another project too (like a Family Home Evening board). I did, however, follow Emily's directions for printing and making the magnets. I ordered the glass tiles, magnets, and diamond glaze from Sun and Moon on Etsy.


This project was so easy and I really love the tiles and magnets that I bought online. I've made fridge magnets before, but anytime one of my kids would drop one on the floor, the glass gem would separate from the magnet, which was a pain.

Now I have a good tool for teaching my son how to work and it's cute too, which is always a plus.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Very, very cute.

Dee said...

That's a really neat idea. I've not seen anything like it before. I'll have to direct my sister here, because she could use something like this for her two kids.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails