Monday, February 8, 2010

Rag Quilts

Back in October, I bought a ton of flannel that was on sale at Joann's. I made my son a rag quilt before Christmas and never got around to taking pictures of it. I used seven inch cut squares that were finished to six inches, making the quilt 36 by 48 inches. A perfect size. He loves cars and emergency vehicles so I paired these together. It's really bright, but he loves it.


I didn't have quite enough flannel, so I cut up an old denim skirt and used some of it on the back.


Yesterday, I stayed home from church with my sick baby girl and made her this rag quilt. I cut the squares ten inches and finished them to nine inches, making the quilt 36 by 45. It came together a lot quicker using 20 squares rather than 48 and it turned out as well as the other.



1 comment:

Nana J said...

I love these rag quilts, and I especially love the colors you have chosen.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails